Wednesday 15 April 2020

TERM 2   2020
Start of school day today. Don't forget to check in here when you are doing some writing.
I can help you with words and ideas. Check out the Dictionary Tab.

A challenge to you - see if you can get more words than me. I will set a word,
then see how many words you can get.
I will post the answers so you can check


Email me at ljohns@owairaka.school.nz if you have some word suggestions


LOCKDOWNHow many words can you find using only these letters?
RULES: Only letters from the original word can be used.
              Letters cannot be used twice in a word unless twice in original word
              No abbreviations eg: mic  (should be microphone) or names eg: Pam or Dan
              Must be spelt correctly
I tried it and found 20 words. Can you find more? 
                                                  How many of these words can you put into a sentence?

Send your results to me on  ljohns@owairaka.school.nz or just comment on my blog.
Looks as if I will have to think harder-
some are getting more words than me......one is up to 39!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great activity for my brain! The first word I thought of was: won. Here it is in a sentence: I was excited when I won the race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sentence Miss Whysall. One of the words I found was cool. Here is my word in a sentence: I think that Owairaka School is really cool.

    ReplyDelete