Monday 20 April 2020


Hi guys Its Monday 20th April 2020 already (had to check on my phone!)

This is a message from our Ministry of Education in 10 Pacific Languages.
https://learningfromhome.govt.nz/pacific-communities

Its really hard to think back on what you are doing in your time away -
here's how you can easily keep track and have lots to remind you 🤣

A suggestion is to create a quick list of things that you do each day or week, like help around the house, play a game, ride your bike. You then select one thing from your list and write a short paragraph to explain more about it. When you return to school, your daily/weekly lists now serves as a brainstormed list of what you did while you were out of school.” 

And don't forget our word challenge!

Oh my gosh did I have trouble getting started today….
I had to remember my letter combinations to get past 10 words.  cl , fl, pl


PEACEFUL  How many words can you find using only these letters?
RULES: Only letters from the original word can be used.
              Letters cannot be used twice in a word unless twice in original word
              No abbreviations eg: mic  (should be microphone) or names eg: Pam or Dan
              Must be spelt correctly
I tried it and found 24 words. Can you find more? 
                                                  How many of these words can you put into a sentence?


Would love to hear how you are going -
leave a comment or email me at     ljohns@owairaka.school.nz

2 comments:

  1. Here are 3 words I thought of for peaceful (thanks for the reminder to use blends): place, flee and clue. Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome learning challenge. Here are 3 from me; cape, cafe and face. Here is my sentence; With a smile on my face, I wore my cape to the cafe.

    ReplyDelete