Sunday 5 September 2021

Body Crossword - Help needed!

I was setting up some work for my children when I found this crossword on my computer. I was pleased because Puriri are working on discovering about the body. I don't give anyone some work if I can't do it. Immediately I spotted a problem! There is no answer sheet. Look at 1. across - the largest organ of the body. Oh dear I don't know. The second clue is It covers your bones and muscles. Thats easy. Your skin. But is skin an organ? Please help me out of my dilemma! Can you do this crossword for me so I can use it. Draw squares up on paper and put in answers. I could really do with some help.
Thank you Malachi and Sarah for your awesome help see answers here or Niko's work here

5 comments:

  1. Kia ora Mrs Johns. I think skin is an organ. I remember hearing that fact somewhere. I think number two is legs. My first thought was muscles but that was too long. Hopefully some of the amazing ODS students can help you with some of the others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahiahi marie Mrs Johns. What a great activity, there has been a lot of learning about the body so there should be many experts that could help you out. Room 18 read a story about organs in the body a week ago. I'm pretty sure that Phil could be right, I think I remember reading that skin is the largest organ in the body. I wonder if anyone in Room 18 could let us know if we are right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learnt that an organ has a function. But the skin just seems to hold us together - so doesn't sound like something living. I really don't know about that one. Thanks for your help, though I think I need a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi this is niko from room eighteen i really enjoyed the crossword that you did about the human body it was really fun. I will email it to Niki to send to you. I can't add a photo here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Niko - I am very impressed with how clearly your answers are written. You have done really well. I can now be happy to use my crossword in The Cottage when we all return.😍

      Delete